Sunday, November 14, 2021

4x13 "Between Awe and Mystery: An Outer Limits Podcast"

Bug-eyed monster lovers rejoice! This week Craig dives deep into the pool of primordial goo that is the Outer Limits episode “Tourist Attraction.” TOL historian David J. Schow joins in to regale us with his bottomless sea of knowledge, plus Dr. Reba Wissner gives us the lowdown on the episode’s original music score. The whole affair is slimy... yet strangely satisfying. 

Get your David J. Schow literary fix right here: https://www.cimarronstreetbooks.com/ 

Get your own Ichthyosaurus Mercurius model kit here: https://www.dimensionaldesigns.com/icme.html

My 2013 blog entry on “Tourist Attraction”: https://bit.ly/3kwEDGE 

The Outer Limits is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc. 

Between Awe and Mystery: An Outer Limits Podcast is a nonprofit podcast. Music clips and dialogue excerpts used herein are the property of their respective copyright owners; we claim no ownership of these materials. Their use is strictly for illustrative purposes and should be considered Fair Use as stated in the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. section 107.  


5 comments:

whitsbrain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whitsbrain said...

This podcast was so good. Thanks just a ton for putting it together. Having DJS on with you was gold. I could listen to that guy read the phone book (yuk! yuk!)

I do happen to own the CD of that first GNP Crescendo Outer Limits Soundtrack with the 10 minutes of glorious sound effects at the end of it. It's pretty much priceless to me.

Listening to this made me pull up your great blog...https://mylifeintheglowoftheouterlimitsimgoingtomakethisthelongesturlinthehistoryoftheinternet.blogspot.com and now I have to go back thru and read it all over again. I was laughing my ass off while simultaneously fretting that all of the comments I made like eight years ago were what I learned from Schow's 2nd Edition of the Companion (which has pages falling out).

Thanks for rekindling an old flame. I'm in my middle 50s now and may have to embark on a another re-watch while I'm still able.

whitsbrain said...

Oh, and that first comment I deleted here was to tell you how much I enjoyed your extra on the new Kino Lorber "Night Gallery" set. I look forward to hearing more from you on the sets that follow.

(and Schow's commentary on anything he does sizzles!)

Craig Beam said...

Thanks for the kind words, old friend. I believe you'll be hearing from both Schow and myself on the forthcoming Night Gallery Seasons 2 and 3 Blu-ray, and if he has anything to say about it, there just might be further installments of the TOL podcast coming in 2022. No promises.

I saw what you did there (the endless link). Speaking of laughing one's ass off!

whitsbrain said...

Great news about NG Seasons 2 and 3. I'm in!!! Would love to hear more OL podcasts from you and DJS, but I do realize it has got to be a TON of work. Thanks again.

-Whit