Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bring Me the Head of William Shatner....


Never mind. It appears I already have it.



Let me back up. A few weeks ago, my new TZ bobbleheads arrived from Bif Bang Pow! (via Entertainment Earth). I haven’t managed to post my reviews yet because, frankly, it’s summer and I’m lazy. I did, however, manage to install the Bob Wilson (William Shatner) bobblehead in its intended display spot: the left bookend for the DVD/blu-ray shelf in the master bedroom.


There it sat for a couple of weeks or so, performing in its new job admirably. And then, a few days ago, disaster struck.

It was one of those split-second events that seem to unfold in slow motion. I was adding a few new titles to the shelf (acquisitions from Barnes & Noble’s recent 50%-off Criterion sale), and I guess I wasn’t careful enough. Poor Shatner slid toward the edge of the shelf, then over, then down to the floor below. His oversized bobbling head separated from his body with a loud crack.


I stared down in horror for a few moments, then gently picked up the pieces. I wondered if perhaps I could simply glue it back together, but the repair line would be obvious, which is unacceptable. Bobblin’ Bob Wilson was a lost cause.

Let me make one thing clear: this disaster in no way reflects the quality of the bobblehead. It’s sturdy and well-made. It’s my own damn clumsy fault that the thing fell seven feet to its untimely demise. Bif Bang Pow! is in no way guilty of shoddy workmanship. Order with confidence here.

Obviously my review will come… well, later. How much later will depend on when I can scrape up the cash to order another one. I did manage to take some pictures when it first arrived, so I could fake a review… but that’s not how I roll, folks. I can say that it’s a marvelous companion piece to last year’s Gremlin bobblehead, and the Shatner likeliness is great.


The mother of all alternate endings. Gremlin wins!

None of that 'the Devil made me do it' crap, you big furball.


My other new TZ bobblehead, Willie and Jerry, remains unscathed... for now. I'll try to get my review up before bad luck strikes again.



1 comment:

ToServeDrewman said...

My Shatner is currently in the same broken state, but mine came that way. I got the mini version that came with the Shatner Twilight Zone/Star Trek lunch box. The mini Kirk was fine though. He can take a few torpedo hits without losing his cool, or his head apparently.