Friday, October 2, 2009

TZ Promo: "Where Is Everybody?" (10/02/59)


"Hey! Where is everybody???"


Here's where it all started. The very first Twilight Zone episode, first broadcast exactly 50 years ago today.

TV guide listing, 10/02/1959 (thanks to Bill Huelbig for the scan).

Actor Earl Holliman, Producer William Self, Writer/Creator Rod Serling.


I had the flu when I was about 12 (or thereabouts). I had a tiny little black and white TV in my room, positioned near the head of my bed. As it happened, local channel KPTV-12 ran "Where Is Everybody?" that night, and of course I watched it. For the rest of the night, I faded in and out of consciousness in a kind of delusional fever dream, in which I wandered around in a town without people. It was surreal, let me tell ya. I've only been sick enough to cause hallucinations two other times in my life, and both of them happened in the last five years.... stories for another time.

Tonight at 7:00. I can't wait.


No comments: