Monday, February 27, 2012

Kanamit Week Cancelled...


I mentioned a couple of months back that we’d be having a weeklong celebration of that towering alien rascal The Kanamit in March (to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the premiere of “To Serve Man”). However, I regret to report that, due to circumstances beyond my control, Kanamit Week has been cancelled.


What circumstances, you ask? Life, man, just… life. Too much going on, and very little time to pour into this blog outside of the usual weekly episode promos. I had planned to spotlight my Sideshow Collectibles 14" Deluxe Kanamit action figure, which I acquired about a year ago, but it’s deep in storage someplace. Plus, Bif Bang Pow!’s coveted “To Serve Man” notebook (not to mention their Kanamit lunchbox) won’t be available for another month or two. I even had grand plans to make a 3-dimensional Kanamit head cake, but I don’t have the time or money to pull something like that off right now. Suffice it to say, the timing is sadly all wrong for Kanamit Week.


My spotlight of “To Serve Man” will be posted as planned this Friday, with the usual high-definition screen captures. Why Friday instead of the usual Thursday, you ask? Well, since this is leap year, the actual 50th anniversary of “To Serve Man” (3/02) falls on Friday. Staying true to the actual anniversary dates requires a shift to Fridays from now through the end of the summer rerun season (until season four kicks off in January, when we’ll be back on Thursdays again).


No comments: